My "World Famous" Lentil Salad

Since my spearmint is in full bloom and my last green onion planting is progressing nicely, I made another batch of my "World Famous" Lentil Salad... actually it is my take on a dish served at the UCSF Med Center cafeteria back in the early 90s. While in graduate school, I always brown bagged my lunch (as a poor student) but about once a week, as a reward for a week of constant studying, I would eat my sandwich at the UCSF Med Center cafeteria purchasing a single side dish and they made this lentil salad with grated carrots, thinly sliced onions and fresh green onions and mint. So ever since then, I've made my own version at home since lentils are my favorite legume as they cook in 20 minutes without any pre-soaking and are chockful of fiber and protein...

Comments